Weekly Roundup

I would really love to write more about my life on this blog (not too much, but just enough, you know?) because I love reading these sorts of posts on other blogs. I figured that I can start by doing a weekly roundup of what I’ve done this week.

I won’t be writing much about my job (I work at an art gallery from Tuesday through Saturday, that’s about as much as I’d like to share), which is unfortunate because it basically consumes most of my life, but on the weekends/after work I’m really an open book.

I was incredibly exhausted this week, so I ended up falling asleep on the couch at 9pm most nights — not sure if it was the weather, or my general grandma-ness, but it honestly kind of sucked! I get home at 7-7:30pm usually, and spend half an hour making and eating dinner, so it doesn’t leave much time for unwinding. Anyway, I did manage to watch all of Wonder Woman one night (I’m always about 1-2 years behind on movies), and it was great! I also started to receive some packages of exciting new spring/summer clothes, so I hope to share those in a separate blog post soon.

Every Saturday at my office, we get doughnuts for everyone. This week was my turn to pick up the doughnuts, so I stopped at Orwasher’s on my way to work. It’s a cute and VERY good bakery in Yorkville/the Upper East Side (they also have a location on the Upper West Side). I wanted to include this in my post because their doughnuts are so darned good, and I should have included it in my post of my favorite restaurants in the city. They have your classic chocolate frosted, vanilla frosted, and chocolate cake doughnuts, but the most exciting ones are the jelly doughnuts because they have a ton of different flavors that you can mix and match (raspberry, black raspberry, sour cherry, blueberry, apple). They fill them up with these gigantic turkey baster-type instruments, and the end product is SOOOOO GOOD. I’ll stop talking about doughnuts now.


I very happily left work on Saturday night after a good work week, and immediately went home. I opened my Stitch Fix box when I got home (read my review here) and Evan and I debated going out for two seconds, but then decided that we were too tired (and Evan too sick). I went to bed early (grandmama) and woke up at 7am on Sunday morning, worked out, and worked on the blog. At 11:30, Evan took me to a surprise brunch at Eastfield’s to celebrate our three year anniversary (!!!!). The past three years have positively FLOWN by — neither of us can believe that we’ve been dating for three years. Where has the time gone?! It’s really insane. Evan had their Brioche French Toast, and I had the Avocado Toast. There was a tiny little baby who stared at Evan the entire time we were there, and it was really cute and funny.

Processed with VSCO with f2 preset
Avocado Toast
Processed with VSCO with f2 preset
Brioche French Toast

Back home, we spent an hour working on my Stitch Fix unboxing video — I should seriously do an outtake video. I spent another chunk of time photographing the clothes. I like to put a ton of effort into those posts, because people seem to love reading them. At about 4pm, it was still light out — spring is coming — so we went for a long walk and were delighted to see that the southward path coming from Carl Shurz park was open again! It’ll be nice to walk along the water in that direction, instead of always heading north (although we would hate to skip our regular dog park visits).



This morning, I woke up at 2am. This is something that happens to me much more frequently that I would like. I have the most random bouts of insomnia. I watched Gilmore Girls until 5am, fell asleep, and woke back up at 9am. What is wrong with me? Today was mostly productive — I worked out, did some very last minute edits on a project I’ve been working on, shopped for frames for my family photos, canceled my Daily Look subscription (I’m just in such a good place with Stitch Fix right now, I don’t think I need another box), made my shopping list, food shopped, meal prepped, cleaned, and then I finally collapsed on the couch at around 3pm to relax. I spent the rest of the day just catching up on the news and blogs, and writing some last minute posts for this blog.

And tomorrow it’s back to work! Thanks for reading!

T. Louise

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s